Thursday, May 29, 2008

Too many toys or too little time - Seapac plans

Every year I bring far too many toys and projects to Seaside. I'm sure this year will be no exception but I'm going to try and keep it down to only twice as much as I can use.

Here's a fluffy list of my projects for the weekend.

1. I'd like to get the Vista laptop "Internet Connection Sharing" from the wireless card feed the WRT634 router. Shouldn't be too hard and should be very useful.

2. Related to #1 - I'll bring the Open-Mesh (Mer'ack'ie replacements) boxes and see if they'll work to extend the WRT router.

3. I'm going to build a PVC pile HF dipole for the FT817. I've had that radio for a long time and haven't yet made many QSO's with it. Getting Power poles on the power leads will be good progress. Extra credit for wiring up the paddles.

4. Full time power, not ignition switched, to the mobile Kenwood would be a good thing. That'll also let me work more with the bluetooth modules. That'll be extra fun now that I have the antenna adapters.

5. The Nokia N800 is finally upgraded to OS2008. Now to install the applications.

6. OLPC - XO - generally trying to figure it out.

I have too many toys. Sky River agrees.

73 Bill

Update - I forgot one. A 6 meter j-pole made of 450 ohm ladder line...

No comments: