Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wetnet Geek Brunch 2/25/2012


Good brunch today with medium turnout....  The WiFi lasted 'hours' which is a big improvement...

I showed the imic I picked up a couple nights ago at the Redmond Mac Store..    It's currently trying to receive WSPR on HF.   The install and hookup was painless - even on my 'vista' machine.  I say 'trying' because apparently there's a RTTY event this weekend and both 20 and 15 meters are very busy...

  http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm

Four out of five installed the D-Rats Beta successfully and exchanged our Hello's and Good Morning's via the WA7FW ratflector...   The application continues to improve.   I'll have it running full on on the home workstation now and will be getting the repeater (ratflector) running on both the home server and the (little white netbook) portable server.    If anybody wants the secret handshake to get the Beta - send me Email.   (Hey Ren - the unit's are configurable under Preferences...)

  http://d-rats.com/

I'm looking forward to trying the KISS packet mode of D-Rats with the Virtual Kiss port on BPQ32 - that should twist up the packets nicely.

Onward!

73
Bill - WA7NWP

No comments: