Monday, June 29, 2015

Field Day 2015


No contacts but I call Field Day this year success...   Unlike the past few years I was actively calling to make a contact or two.  Not sure what report I would have used - I'd get to that if I needed to.   The goal was to check out some equipment.

There where three goals for Field Day

  1. Get the 10 meter radio out, fired up and on the air.
  2. Ham MESH tunnels
  3. Add 12V (or 13.8 volt Anderson Power Poles) to some of the wifi routers or Mesh nodes so they're ready to run by battery instead of power mains.

The results:

Never made it to #3 - the rewiring will have to wait for the next opportunity - probably SalmonCon

Never made it to #2 - more mesh radios have firmware loaded and ready to go but I've yet to have a chance to do tunnels.

Found the 10 meter rig.  Fired it up.  Called and called.  Never heard anybody.    Finally put the portable 817 on 28.400 and called myself.   Loud and clear.  Problem was there was no reply going back from the 2510 to the 817.   Something needs some attention.

Portable rig...   Tried out the new Buddipole hardware.  Worked well with last years acquisition.  Silly me - one power line in the yard and I ended up putting up the vertical right under it.

(to be continued.)

No comments: