Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tracking the Home Station


Yes - there are uses for a GPS on the home packet radio station.... Least of which is tracking the house after an earthquake.

(lots to be added)

GPS 353 from Amazon.

Tried at Brunch. Bob did it first and everything worked fine on his laptop and my little white ASUS netbook.

Thanks to Bob/K7OFT for the reference to Visual GPS - it's a handy too.

Put on KVID - the packet machine.

Hard time getting lock in the window. Still need to find a better location for it.

(more to be added)

Still cannot get XPORT working. My goal is to get the GPS data from the USB Prolific device on Com port 19 and share that on, at least, COM ports 7 and 8. Currently XPORT reads the GPS just fine but it thinks ports 7 and 8 are in use. I've tried several techniques to clear up those ports but haven't had any success yet.


I'll try later with a safe boot and remove the extra devices. For now I'm running with UI-View directly reading the GPS on Com 7. The Red Cross hairs are showing on the map. I've see to see how the time update function works. I manually added 8 hours delta from GMZ to PST and will have to change it if it's not correct.

(more soon)

No comments: